Inventory Management and Optimization in SAP ERP
written by Elke Roettig
- Master daily inventory processes using SAP ERP
- Create a sustainable inventory strategy to optimize stock levels
- Monitor inventory performance and measure results
In this book, you’ll learn about:
Key Inventory Processes
Understand essential business processes like good receipt, goods issue, internal stock transfer, reservations, and using materials documents. Then map these processes to their specific master data settings like service levels and lot size.
Planning and Optimization
Learn how the entire supply chain influences inventory planning, and jump into methods and tools for inventory optimization including SAP ERP Add-On tools for simulations and inventory cockpits.
Monitoring, Reporting, and Analysis
Employ Logistics Information Systems methods to control and monitor inventory, use the MRP Monitor for inventory analysis, and calculate key indicators to measure inventory performance.
- Inventory management
- Inventory optimization
- Supply chain management
- Goods receipt/goods issue (GR/GI)
- Stock transfer
- SAP ERP Add-Ons
- Lot size
- Demand planning
- Material requirements planning (MRP)
- MRP Monitor
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)