Universe Design with SAP BusinessObjects BI – The Comprehensive Guide
written by Christian Ah-Soon, Didier Mazoué, Pierpaolo Vezzosi
- Everything you need to know about the new Information Design Tool and UNX universes
- Explore step-by-step universe design, from connecting to different data sources, to creating data foundations, to building business layers
- Compare and convert UNV to UNX universes
In this book, you will learn about:
Information Design Tool
Explore its interface and find tips to design and manage universes that fit your needs.
The Semantic Layer
Begin with a conversation on the fundamental role of the semantic layer and then move into the pillars of universe design: the data foundation and the business layer.
Connecting to any Data Source and to SAP Systems
Connect to any relational data source or OLAP cube with your universe, and make sure you’re using the right parameters and access methods to retrieve enterprise data from SAP systems.
Comparing the Old with the New
Differentiate between universes created with the Universe Design Tool and Information Design Tool, and learn how to convert UNV to UNX.
- Semantic layer
- Information Design Tool
- Multidimensional universes
- Connections, data foundations, and business layers
- Federating data with multisource universes
- Query panels
- Publishing and retrieving universes
- Multilingual universes
- Connecting with SAP ERP, SAP NetWeaver BW, and SAP HANA