SAP ASE 16 – Sybase ASE Administration
written by Jeffrey Garbus
- Understand how SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise fits into the SAP landscape
- Learn about all important SAP ASE administration tasks, from installation and configuration to security
- Work with SAP ASE add-ons and tools: Resource Governor, SAP Replication Server, and more
In this book, you’ll learn about:
SAP ASE 16
Get all of the details for the newest release of ASE, including high availability and DBA tools.
Core Database Tasks
Cement your administration skills on topics like data partitioning, preventative maintenance, memory configuration, and more.
SAP ASE-Specific Tools
Every database is different. Learn how SAP ASE provides tools like the Logical Process Manager to prioritize resources, the Query Processor for cost-based optimization, and the Replication Server for syncing.
- Database logging and recovery
- Named caches
- Remote procedure calls
- SAP ASE connectivity
- Resource Governor
- High availability and disaster recovery
- Remote server management
- Memory configuration