Procurement with SAP MM: Business User Guide
written by Matt Chudy, Luis Castedo
- Master your essential procurement tasks and transactions in MM
- Get detailed coverage of major purchasing processes: planning and forecasting, purchasing, stock order transfers, and more
- Save time and effort with helpful MM transaction codes and menu paths
- Second edition, updated for EHP 8
In this book, you’ll learn about:
Essential Procurement Tasks
Master your procurement activities: defining tasks, creating bids, selecting vendors, creating POs or contracts, and processing invoices and payments. Set up your system to receive your goods quickly and economically, and then manage your inventory once you have it.
Special Procurement Activities
Work with outside-the-box tasks, such as providing vendors with materials from your own plant or another vendor, moving stock between warehouses or company codes, and order optimizing.
EHP 8, SAP HANA, and more!
This edition is updated and expanded to incorporate subcontracting and third-party orders, stock transport functionality, and handling unit management. See how new technologies like SAP S/4HANA and SAP Ariba fit into the SAP MM landscape.
- Master data
- Material Requirements Planning
- Consumption-based planning
- Materials forecasting
- Purchasing activities
- Quotation requests and contracts
- Subcontracting and third-party use
- Service procurement
- Inventory management